Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recovery and Heart Rate

I have been home since Tuesday recovering from some oral surgery.  I am finally feeling like getting up and moving around.  I am still pretty swollen but I have to make my way in to public today.

Tegan and I are using Michelle Stanweis from Performance High for our marathon training program.  I have been getting injured every time I train for a race.  So, this training plan is incorporating running, cycling, and swimming.  I can't wait to start next week.  Back to the point...  The training plan is based on heart rate training zones.  I have been trying to figure out what mine are.
RHR: 60
MHR: 193
HRR: 133

Zone 1 (fat burning zone): 127-140
Zone 2 (aerobic): 140-153
Zone 3 (steady state): 153-166
Zone 4 (anaerobic): 166-180
Zone 5 (maximal): 180-193

On Monday, I am going to do a lactate threshold test .  It will be nice to have actual numbers that are based on me to work on.  At least for running.  I am hoping to get on the bike trainer tonight and work my muscles a bit.  But, it all depends on how I feel after the dentist today.  My friend Emily may be in town today.  I hope I get to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment