Saturday, August 7, 2010

Long Week

Oi!!! This is my first week of being on call and not being the extra person. I was on call Monday and went in for a few hours. Then I started a long streak on Thursday till this upcoming Tuesday morning. I have put in a few 12 hour days and just got home from work this morning. I did get some good workouts in this morning and was able to make some hazelnut butter.

The hazelnut butter consisted of:
I roasted the hazelnuts in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes making sure to move them around quite a bit. I then put them in a dish rag and rubbed them around to get the shell off.
2 cups of roasted hazelnuts
2 tablespoons of agave nectar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder

I put these in the cuisinart and started it up. The recipe is from HEAB with a few changes.


I was able to get in some great workouts this week though. Tegan and I went for a 24 mile bike ride on Tuesday night.
Then I went to group workout (Performance High and Team Dobbiaco) with Tegan and we did swim/run repeats in the pond and on the Greenbelt. I had to sit out a swim and was definitely the slowest in the group. But, I am improving in the open water.

I did swim 600 yards in the pool this morning but it was a horrible swim. Kept inhaling water. Yuck! I did swim 1200 yards on Monday at the pool and it felt great! My friend Tegan is particpating in the Emmett Olympic Triathlon this morning and I hope she is doing well!! I had wanted to do this race but had a change in work schedule and a life conflict. On some other big news, I did sign up for my third marathon! I am going to run the Phoenix Rock n' Roll with Tegan in January. I am excited to run a race that has thousands of participants!!

Tonight, Zeb and I are going to a bbq at a friend's house. It will be nice to get out and mingle. I am just hoping to not get called into work at all. We may even go bed shopping today!!! I also would like to get a cheap lap watch to swim with. That is another goal for the weekend. Since, I have no idea how long it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment