Sunday, August 1, 2010

Girl's Weekend 2010


This weekend was a nice getaway from the heat of Boise. McCall was such a nice temperature compared to the 100 degree weather of Boise. There were eight girls who made the trek to Anna's cabin. We definitely had a house full of women, wine, and games. It was nice to hang out with some of the regulars and great to get to see some girls that I had never really hung out with. The first night was pretty uneventful. Just some girl talk and wine drinking. I got up and went running on Saturday morning.

It was nice to be overheating right at the beginning of the run. The morning was very relaxing while we waited for Joy to rise out of bed. Alyssa and Anna made breakfast and Anna and Kelly made a great lunch. We then went to the lake and took in some sun and cold water!


The night was dinner, bonfire, fend off the mosquitoes, and some games. We came home this afternoon. Definitely nice to get out of town. But, did miss the husband and dog!



Since I am in a sort of training mode I wanted to talk about my run a bit. I have been trying to work on averaging under a 10 minute mile. This has always been pretty hard for me. But, I was able to achieve it this weekend. It felt so great considering that I haven't been concentrating too hard on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment