Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day for Phoenix Training

Yikes...  Maybe that rest week wasn't all it was cracked up to be.  My quads are on fire!  I did run 5 miles in the foothills yesterday and it had been awhile since I ran.

Today was the blood lactate test.  Tegan tells me 20 minutes before my appointment that they have to prick your finger to draw blood.  Why that never occurred to me I am not sure.  It was a learning experience.  I will post the results when they are emailed to me.  But, I would definitely recommend it if you have been running or cycling for awhile and need to improve or want to change up your routines.

My problem has always been that I get stagnant when I run.  I consistently will go out and do the distance but I never put in the time and effort to work on speed work or just changing my pace.  I love just doing what is easy.  Well, running on the treadmill for 3.5 miles, getting my finger poked, and then coming home and doing the strength routine just about killed me.

I did make a great dinner tonight though.  I feel funny taking pictures of it but I should have.  It will most likely be a staple.  I modified this recipe from Simply Recipes.
Baked Shrimp and Quinoa
1 cup quinoa cooked and set aside
1 tablespoon olive oil heated up
1/2 white onion chopped and sauteed
2 tablespoons minced garlic sauteed
1 can of S&W sliced tomatoes with green chiles and spices added in and boiled for about 10 minutes till thick
Dump all of this into a bakeable dish.  Add the shrimp, 1 tsp of dill, 1 tsp of oregano, 1/3 cup feta and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

We used the quinoa as our pasta and mixed this stuff all in it!  It was so yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment